I'm a talented, eager animator and would love to be part of an exciting project!
QUALIFICATIONS IN BRIEF
- Technically oriented artist and animator.
- Trained in the Animation Mentor character animation program.
- Classically trained 2D/3D animator and rigger.
- Fine arts degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
- 2D & 3D animation, character rigging
- Tools: Unity/Spine/Puppet2D, Autodesk Maya 2013, Toon Boom Harmony, Adobe Flash/Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Mario Paint
- Lighting, texturing, UV mapping
- Great communicator with many years experience working on and leading multi-disciplined teams
- Able to create tools and scripts to make teams more efficient
Character Animation Studies, 2014
- Focus on animation principles & fundamentals, body mechanics, storyboarding, and animating dialogue.
- Created animations at production quality, including biped, quadruped, and speech matching.
- Trained on the in-house asset pipeline similar to industry tools.
The University of Texas at Austin
B.A. Studio Art, 2009
Leopard Seal Games - Austin, TX July 2015 - Present
2D Animator, Environment & UI design (indie project)
- Character and environment concept art.
- Rigging and animating 2D assets for Unity in Spine.
- Designing assets in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Mighty Music Publishing - Austin, TX Feb 2015 - June 2015, Jan 2016 - April 2016
2D Animator (contractor)
- Animated 2D VideoMaps™ using Adobe Flash/Animate, synced to instrumental music.
- Assisted with preparing files and creating assets in Illustrator for animation.
Texas Legislative Council - Austin, TX Nov 2008 - Feb 2015
Document Production & Technical Support
- Led technical teams to devise strategies for enhancing and testing in-house applications.
- Created Advanced Find/Replace functions using Regular Expressions.
- Tested applications and add-ons; created bug reports.
Fantastic Fest & Fantastic Arcade - Austin, TX Sep 2015 - Oct 2015, Sep 2016
Volunteer Tech Assistant, Transportation Lead